A Web Developer is responsible for the coding, design and layout of a website according to a company’s specifications. As the role takes into consideration user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design and computer programming is necessary. Once a website has been created, a Web Developer will generally assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the website.
If you're interested in this position please send your resume and salary expectations to [email protected]
Responsibilities and Duties
A Web Developer must have experience in the planning and the delivery of web applications across multiple platforms. A typical Web Developer job description should cover:
- To create PSDs for the visual layout of web pages and convert each design into HTML and CSS.
- Maintain and update all JQuery plugins for website.
- Good experience in developing responsive applications and have knowledge of Bootstrap
- Implement and maintain high-quality SEO policies and incorporate them with content produced for the website.
- Remove any dead links immediately and respond to issues with site functionality.
- Create mock-ups for proposed project pages and update them as needed.
- Strong understanding of browser environments and cross-browser compatibility nuance.
- Willing to work on WordPress / Shopify / SqureSpace and BigCommerce.
- Writing efficient code
- Creating websites/a website using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Working closely with web designers and programmers to produce the website
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation
- Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down
- Maintaining and expanding/enhancing the website once built
- Managing a team might also be part of the job role
Thorough functional knowledge and coding experience, Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation, Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals, Strong communication skills, Management experience or examples that show ability to manage a team, should this role involve team management.